Presidential Search Update
Dear Arcadia University Community:
The Board of Trustees would like to update the campus community on the presidential search process. It is our intention to regularly inform the community and offer opportunities to engage in the search process.
Presidential Search Firm Retained
The University has retained the services and professional expertise of Diversified Search, Inc. This firm comes highly recommended and has excellent credentials, yet is reasonable in cost. We will be working with Andrew Wheeler from Diversified Search to identify and target the most qualified leader.
Presidential Search Committee Formed
The Board has formed an internal Presidential Search Committee from the pool of many talented members in our community. We have invited the following to serve on the Presidential Search Committee based on their skill set and area of expertise:
- Jey Auritt ’71, Committee Chair, Trustee
- Alison Madsen ’85, Committee Vice Chair, Trustee
- Lois Haber ’71, ’16H, Former Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Mark Kessler, Trustee Emeritus
- Lynne Cannon ’68, Trustee
- Allison Rossett ’68, Trustee
- Wes Hardin, Trustee
- Dick Jones, Former Trustee
- Lorna Stern, Vice President, Arcadia University and Executive Director, The College of Global Studies
- Ana Maria Garcia, President of the Faculty Senate
- Philip McClure, Chair of the Department of Physical Therapy
- Graciela Slesaransky-Poe, Faculty member and Founding Dean of the School of Education
- Dan Rivera, Senior, former President of SGO
- Justin Scott, Head Men’s Basketball Coach
- Chuck Lentz ’03M, Ex-officio, Chair of the Board of Trustees
Public Forums Next Week
On Monday, Thursday, and Friday of next week, Andrew Wheeler will be on campus to meet with groups of University stakeholders. These forums are an opportunity for University members to ask questions and discuss the qualifications they would like to see in a new president. The schedule and locations are being finalized and will be announced shortly.
We look forward to working alongside you on the process.