University of Glasgow
Course Registration Instructions
Academic Year = 120 SCOTCAT credits = 30 semester hour credits
Fall or Spring Semester = 60 SCOTCAT credits = 15 semester hour credits
Most students take 3-6 classes per semester depending on their particular course combination.
Courses available to study abroad students are located on the Glasgow website:
- This URL will take you to a page with a link to download the Undergraduate Course Catalog.
- In the Undergraduate Course Catalog, you can choose a department or subject area in the left-hand margin.
- Within each department or subject area, you can view all of their offerings starting with Level 1 and progressing to Level 3 courses.
- Each listing includes the number of credits, the level, a general description of the course content, and the term that the course is offered.
||Normal Year Taken
|Semester One = Fall Semester
||1st Year = a Sophomore level course
|Semester Two = Spring Semester
||2nd Year = a Junior level course
|Full Year = Academic Year
||3rd Year = Honors Level = a Senior/Graduate level course
Admittance into 3rd Year/ Honors- level classes is selective and at the discretion of Glasgow's departmental tutors upon review of students' official transcripts.
To qualify, you must have:
- Taken at least 3 prior classes in that subject at your home university
- Earned a grade of a B or above in each of those classes
Most departments will limit a qualified student to no more than one or two 3rd Year courses per semester.
Courses with numbers starting at 5000- or greater are postgraduate courses and are not available to study abroad students.
Making Your Course Selections
Submit the online course registration form to the Arcadia University College of Global Studies through your Arcadia Passport.
List all course choices and alternates in order of preference. Your first choices may not be available due to timetabling, prerequisite or availability issues.
This form is used only to determine your eligibility for admission and for the pre-screening process at Glasgow.
You are responsible for:
- Meeting with your academic advisor to discuss course selections.
- Confirming that the courses you take abroad will transfer for credit at your home school.
- Obtaining approval for approximately 8-10 classes per semester (including alternates).
- Registering for a full academic load.
- No specific course requests can be guaranteed by Arcadia or Glasgow.
- Final course registration does not take place until you arrive at the University of Glasgow.
For assistance with any part of the application process, call The College of Global Studies at 1-866-927-2234. Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form on your Arcadia Passport.