University of Stirling
Course Registration Information and Form
Academic Year = 132 SCQF units = 30 semester hour credits
Fall or Spring Semester = 66 SCQF units = 15 U.S. semester hour credits
Most students take 3 Stirling classes per semester.
University of Stirling courses available to study abroad students are located on the Stirling website: http://www.stir.ac.uk/study-abroad-exchanges/module-information/course-catalogue/.
Click on the link "Study Abroad Course Course Catalog" to view a pdf with all of the courses available to visiting students listed by department, and you should also familiarize yourself with the details in the "Essential Information" document.
You will need Adobe Acrobat to open this document. All listings include: the course number and title, which semester the course is on offer (autumn or spring), prerequisites, SCQF credits and the SCQF level.
||Understanding Course Codes
|See "Availability" in each course description for
|SCQF Level 8 = a Freshman/ Sophomore level course (course numbers ending in 1 or 2)
SCQF Level 9 = a Junior level course (course numbers ending in 3 or 4)
SCQF Level 10 = Honors Level = a Senior/Graduate level course (course numbers ending in 5-8 or a letter)
(Generally the last digit of a course number will indicate whether it's offered in the fall or spring; if the course code ends in an odd number, it's a Fall course, if the course code ends in an even number, the course is offered in the Spring.)
- Students who are not first-year students at their home university (i.e. those who will be studying abroad as sophomores, juniors, or seniors) are limited to taking only one first year module (modules with course codes ending in a 1 or 2).
- Admittance into SCQF Level 10 courses is selective and at the discretion of Stirling's departmental tutors upon review of students’ official transcripts.
To qualify for Level 10 courses, you must have:
- Taken at least 3 prior classes in that subject at your home university
- Earned a grade of a B or above in each of those classes
Most departments will limit a qualified student to no more than one or two Level 10 courses per semester.
Making Your Course Selections
Submit the online course registration form to The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University through your Arcadia Passport.
List all course choices and alternates in order of preference. Your first choices may not be available due to timetabling, prerequisite or availability issues.
Please choose at least eight courses for a single semester, and twelve for an academic year, in order to ensure a wide range of course approvals.
This form is used only to determine your eligibility for admission and for the pre-registration process at Stirling.
After you are accepted, courses will be pre-approved by Stirling prior to your arrival. Your program manager will notify you as to which courses were approved, and from that list, you will need to choose three courses which you would like to take, and one alternate selection. This course confirmation process must be completed in a timely manner in order to finalize your registration at Stirling.
You are responsible for:
- Meeting with your academic advisor to discuss course selections.
- Confirming that the courses you take abroad will transfer for credit at your home school.
- Obtaining approval for approximately 8-10 classes per semester (including alternates).
- Registering for a full academic load.
- No specific course requests can be guaranteed by Arcadia or Stirling.
- Final course registration does not take place until you arrive at the University of Stirling.
For assistance with any part of the application process, call The College of Global Studies at 1-866-927-2234.
Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form on your Arcadia Passport.