England Housing Information
Absolutely Essential Information
Please read this information first.
As a participant on an Arcadia University program, you are guaranteed housing. Your program fee includes accommodation, but does not include costs for meals or meal plans.
Arcadia University’s priority is to accommodate you in a place that will support your studies and enable you to experience the local culture. Whenever possible, Arcadia attempts to accommodate you with local students. Accommodation is selected by Arcadia University based on these factors, in addition to considering safety, security and cost. For these reasons, Arcadia reserves the right to alter or change accommodation options at any time.
To indicate your housing preferences, submit them through your Arcadia Passport. Before completing this form, you should review the information below as well as the Arcadia University Housing Policy located in the Student Handbook, and any individual accommodation venue websites.
Students are welcome to submit one roommate request; however, requests must be mutual and in writing. While we will work to honor your housing preferences and roommate requests, specific assignments cannot be guaranteed.
In order to consider your preferences, Arcadia must receive your Housing Preferences by the housing deadline. If they are not received before the housing deadline, you will automatically be assigned to available program accommodation.
- Fall Semester: June 30
- Spring Semester: November 20
- Summer Programs: March 31
If you require accommodations for any special needs – including dietary, medical or physical – be certain to indicate this in your Housing Preferences. Any information will be treated as confidential and will only be shared with those individuals involved in your housing placement.
Although housing is guaranteed for students participating on Arcadia programs in Great Britain, you have the option to decline this service and find your own independent accommodation. If you decide to opt out of Arcadia-arranged program housing, please notify your program manager. You will also need to indicate this in your Housing Preferences. In fairness to other applicants, we ask that you notify us as soon as possible so that any designated accommodation can be reallocated. If Arcadia does not receive written notification before the appropriate housing deadline listed above, you will be subject to penalty fees in accordance with the Arcadia University Housing Policy.
Very Important Additional Points
- Every room is different and unique and while Arcadia ensures that all rooms satisfy general standards, there is no way to guarantee uniformity of apartment and room sizes, distance from your university, furnishings or facilities.
- Individual space, personal comfort, and social norms play a different role in England than in the United States. Accommodations usually feature central heating and an in-house hot water tanks that works on timed emersion systems for both economic and environmental savings.
- Internet access will vary depending upon your housing venue; for details on connectivity and any associated fees, you should review the websites below.
- The Arcadia staff strive to place our students with English students whenever possible; however when this cannot be accommodated students should expect to live with other participants in the Arcadia program.
- As an Arcadia program participant, housing will remain available to you during the semester, including breaks. Housing between semesters is only available to full year students; you should speak with Arcadia staff in England about remaining in your housing over the New Year.
- Check your program-specific housing information (below) to see if bed linens and/or towels are provided.
- Arcadia cannot guarantee non-smoking arrangements; students with serious health concerns should notify Arcadia University during the application process and indicate any space needs on their housing preference form.
- Arcadia reserves the right to alter or change accommodation options at any time should circumstances warrant.
Program-Specific Housing Options