Healthcare Administration Subject Guide
Use the Healthcare Administration (HA) subject guide pages to find resources to support literature research.
- Healthcare Administration Articles and recommended databases for finding authoritative and scholarly articles in Healthcare Administration
- Databases Links and descriptions for top journal databases like Health Business Elite* and Business Source Complete*.
- Journals A list of select top journals in Healthcare Administration like Journal of Healthcare Leadership and Journal of Healthcare Management*.
Top Databases for HA
- Health Business Elite* “…Comprehensive journal content detailing all aspects of Healthcare Administration and other non-clinical aspects of healthcare institution management.”
- Business Source Complete* AU’s largest and most comprehensive database for business.
- PubMed Go-to resource for many health science professionals. Paid for by tax dollars rather than tuition, it’s one that will be accessible after completion of the program at AU. An excellent place to conduct health science literature searching.
- Biomedical Reference Collection* Contains over 4,000 full-text journals covering a variety of disciplines ranging from biomedicine and health sciences to the health care system and pre-clinical sciences.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition* Over 350 journals on nursing and allied health literature.
Next Databases for HA
Journals that serve Healthcare Administration
- Frontiers of Health Services Management* An official publication of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE). “Frontiers’ unique “bookazine” format gives you the deep understanding gained from books but in a shorter format, like a magazine.”
- Healthcare Management Forum* HMF is the official peer-reviewed journal of the Canadian College of Health Leaders. “…Leading practices related to health leadership and management, including recent research, new technology and professional practices from health leaders’ perspectives.”
- International Journal of Health Policy and Management “…Brings together individual specialties from different fields, notably health management, health policy, and health economics into a dynamic academic mix.” This journal is open access.
- Journal of Healthcare Leadership “The publication strives to amalgamate current and future healthcare professionals and managers by providing key insights into leadership progress and challenges to improve patient care.” This journal is open access.
- Journal of Healthcare Management* The official journal of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) that is “dedicated to providing healthcare leaders with the information they need to manage complex healthcare issues and to make effective strategic decisions.”
1. Sometimes you already have a citation for an article.
2. Sometimes a journal database or internet browser doesn’t provide full-text.
Learn the steps to find another source where it might be full-text.
Get articles to journals we don’t even subscribe to with Interlibrary Loan.
To support coursework and literature research for Healthcare Administration
- Practical Financial Management: A Guide to Budgets, Balance Sheets and Business Finance* (2011)
- They Don’t Teach Corporate in College: A Twenty-Something’s Guide to the Business World* (2014)
- Understanding the Global Market: Navigating the International Business Environment* (2013)
- EBC is a product of ProQuest featuring titles by various publishers.
- The Measurement of Health and Health Status: Concepts, Methods and Applications from a Multidisciplinary Perspective* (2017)
- Hospital and Healthcare Security* (2015)
- SD is a product of Elsevier featuring its own titles.
HA Print Books
- Healthcare Marketing: A Case Study Approach (2014)
- Healthcare Finance: An Introduction to Accounting and Financial Management (2012)
- Search the Catalog to find more. Use Books2Go to get books delivered to Mail and Print for pick-up during COVID-19.
Use Interlibrary Loan (ILL) to request a known chapter from a book.
- Healthcare Administration Websites
- Links and descriptions for Healthcare Administration websites like Arcadia University’s undergraduate Healthcare Administration degree program and professional organization websites.
Arcadia University Webpages
Learn about Arcadia University’s undergraduate HA degree program.
Investigate Career Planning at the Office of Career Education.
- United States Department of Health and Human Services
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement The leading organization dedicated to improving healthcare in the United States.
Healthcare Administration Professional Associations
*Arcadia University login credentials required.