Admission Requirements for Sports Physical Therapy Residency
Arcadia University Sports Residency Arcadia University participates in the Residency and Centralized Application Service (RF-PTCAS).
Information about applying through RF-PTCAS can be found here.
To apply to the Arcadia University Sports Residency, at the RF-PTCAS centralized application service.
The following program-specific requirements must be met:
- Proof of graduation (transcript) from a physical therapist degree program accredited by an agency approved by the U.S. Department of Education (currently CAPTE) with a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Current state professional license
- (offer of admission to the program is contingent upon licensure in the state of practice)
- Full time employment in an outpatient orthopaedic position (assistance may be given to connect with our clinical partners for open positions)
- Three written essays:
- What do you wish to gain through participation in a residency/fellowship program?
- Discuss aspects of your background and professional experience that particularly qualify you for participation in a residency/fellowship program?
- What are your future plans as they relate to a specialized/subspecialized area of physical therapy?
- Three written recommendations (2 references at a minimum must be professional references-Clinical Instructor, Professor, Supervisor, etc.)
- Basic computer skills including Internet and e-mail.
- Computer system requirement