Admission Requirements for Sports Physical Therapy Residency
Any candidate applying to multiple programs will apply through the Residency and Fellowship Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service (RF-PTCAS).
Any candidate applying to ONLY Arcadia University will apply here. Once you fill out the required fields, you will receive an email. Click the link in the email, create an account, specify Certificate Physical Therapy in the “Degree Desired” section, and select Sports Residency under the “Program of Study” section.
The following program-specific requirements must be met:
- Proof of graduation (transcript) from a physical therapist degree program accredited by an agency approved by the U.S. Department of Education (currently CAPTE) with a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Current state professional license
- (offer of admission to the program is contingent upon licensure in the state of practice)
- Full time employment in an outpatient orthopaedic position (assistance may be given to connect with our clinical partners for open positions)
- Three written essays:
- What do you wish to gain through participation in a residency/fellowship program?
- Discuss aspects of your background and professional experience that particularly qualify you for participation in a residency/fellowship program?
- What are your future plans as they relate to a specialized/subspecialized area of physical therapy?
- Three written recommendations (2 references at a minimum must be professional references-Clinical Instructor, Professor, Supervisor, etc.)
- Basic computer skills including Internet and e-mail.
- Computer system requirement