Discover a Direct Path to Licensure for Behavior Analyst Roles
- Finish in as Quick as 1 Year
- Build Career Experience
Prepare to meet the rising need for licensed behavior analysts by seeking your Graduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis online with Arcadia University. If you already have a master’s degree, you will possess qualifications for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) exam after earning this certificate.*
- Enter a rewarding career field. This online certificate program prepares you to assess behavior issues in homes and schools throughout your community.
- Learn from expert faculty. Receive professional guidance from instructors with extensive clinical and behavior analysis experience.
- Benefit from our top-ranked curriculum. This program includes coursework from our Master of Education degree, which was named a top 20 online ABA program in 2021.1
Practice Behavior Analysis in Education and Health Care Settings
Make an Impact in a Rapidly Growing Career Field
Demand for behavior analysts with BCBA or BCBA-D certification increased 5,852% from 2010 to 2021,6 signaling the urgent need for trained professionals in this field. Arcadia’s online Applied Behavior Analysis certificate program helps you develop the qualifications to assess behavior challenges and address them using evidence-based intervention strategies. By seeking our ABA certificate online, students who previously earned a master’s degree will be ready to take the BCBA certification exam and start behavior analyst roles.
- The typical salary range for licensed behavior analysts is $65,000 to $153,000 per year.2
- In only 11 years, job postings for behavior analysts with BCBA certification increased from 789 to 46,940.6
- The demand for BCBA-certified analysts in Pennsylvania grew 62% from 2020 to 2021.6
Program Outcomes and Skills Acquired
What You Will Learn
- Expand previous knowledge of the scientific study of principles of learning and behavior.
- Understand historic and current literature in the scientific foundation for applied behavior analysis (ABA), which as an applied science develops methods of changing behavior and as a profession provides services to meet diverse behavioral needs.
- Understand the interaction of behavioral treatments and other educational, clinical, or therapeutic interventions.
- Develop competence in assessing, intervening, and monitoring behavioral interventions for children and youth, as well as working as consultants for other adults who may impact the effectiveness of the interventions in a variety of locations and circumstances.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ethical and professional commitments required as a practitioner in Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Identify other resources and supports available to people with behavioral needs and their families.
Skills You Will Gain
- Behavior assessment
- Critical thinking
- Intervention plan design
Arcadia University provides ongoing guidance to put you on track for success in your online classes and career.
We can help you find placements through practicum connections with organizations in Pennsylvania and beyond.
Career Launchpad lets you access career advice, resources, and news in a single online hub.
Our small online classes provide valuable chances to engage faculty members with professional backgrounds and other students with similar career ambitions.
Schedule an online session with a consultant to receive collaborative guidance on your writing.
Sources and Disclaimer
- “Arcadia’s Applied Behavior Analysis Ranked among 20 Best Online Programs.” Arcadia University. Retrieved July 26, 2022, from https://www.arcadia.edu/news/2021/08/arcadias-applied-behavior-analysis-ranked-among-20-best-online-programs.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst Salaries. Glassdoor. Retrieved August 2, 2022, from https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/board-certified-behavior-analyst-salary-SRCH_KO0,32.htm.
- Clinical Director Salaries. Glassdoor. Retrieved August 2, 2022, from https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/clinical-director-salary-SRCH_KO0,17.htm.
- Clinical Supervisor Salaries. Glassdoor. Retrieved August 2, 2022, from https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/clinical-supervisor-salary-SRCH_KO0,19.htm.
- ABA Therapist Salaries. Glassdoor. Retrieved August 2, 2022, from https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/aba-therapist-salary-SRCH_KO0,13.htm.
- “US Employment Demand for Behavior Analysts: 2010–2021.” Behavior Analyst Certification Board. Retrieved July 26, 2022, from https://www.bacb.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/BurningGlass2022_220208.pdf.
*Arcadia can award licensure to students from Canada, England, the Virgin Islands, Australia, and every state in the United States except New York.