Students have the opportunity to receive up to $5,500 in scholarship assistance per year from a National Science Foundation grant awarded to Arcadia University for a six-year period beginning in January, 2022.
S-STEM Scholars selected for this program will:
- Receive scholarship funds of approximately $5,500 per year for up to four years.
- Participate in S-STEM Scholar activities, including monthly workshops designed to support the S-STEM Scholars in reaching their academic and career goals.
- Receive support through the assignment of faculty and peer mentors.
- Engage in professional development activities to help prepare the S-STEM Scholars for internships, graduate programs, and/or the workforce.
Areas of study
The scholarship includes students majoring in:
- Computer Science
- Computing Technology
- Data Science
- Actuarial Science
Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible for an S-STEM scholarship:
- U.S. citizens, permanent residents, nationals, or lawfully admitted refugees
- Enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 credits each semester) in one of the eligible STEM programs/majors (listed above)
- Pell Grant-eligible (low income), with demonstrated financial need
- Demonstrated academic potential or ability by a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher, or demonstrated by other examples of academic excellence
- Making satisfactory academic progress toward a STEM degree
- Also, regular attendance at the S-STEM workshops is highly encouraged
- Undergraduate research
- Application deadline is June 1, 2023
- For questions, please contact Dr. Sheryl Smith: email@example.com
- Application form
- Final candidate interviews
S-STEM Leadership Team
- Phone (267) 620-4745Email FordV@arcadia.eduOffice Hours My schedule: https://vford.me/schedule