OCE Prepares Students for Career Success Through Prep Programs
The Office of Career Education (OCE) is dedicated to preparing students for success after graduation. Whether it’s talking to a Career Peer Adviser or a Career Educator, OCE is always ready to review resumes, practice interview skills, or help students land internships.
Each semester, OCE hosts a multitude of events to help students reach their career goals, including these scheduled for Spring 2017:
- Open House Study Abroad and FYSAE Returners on Monday, Jan. 23 will showcase OCE’s upgraded KnightLink, now powered by Handshake. Students can meet staff and learn about the resources at OCE.
- Marketing Your International Experience on Wednesday, Jan. 25 will prepare students who have studied abroad to articulate their experiences for prospective employers.
- Resume Revival on Wednesday, Feb. 1 and Thursday, Feb. 2 will help students polish their resumes. This is a great opportunity to prep for the upcoming career fair and networking events.
- Intern Abroad on Thursday, Feb. 2 can help students interested in working abroad find the perfect opportunity through diverse internships abroad from Arcadia’s College of Global Studies and the Office of International Affairs.
- Interview with the Experts on Tuesday, Feb. 7, Wednesday, Feb. 8, Tuesday, March 7, Wednesday, March 8, Wednesday, April 19 or Thursday, April 20 from 9 a.m to 4 p.m. will provide students the opportunity to conduct practice interviews with industry experts from throughout the region. Pre-registration is required through KnightLink.
- Healthcare Career Exploration on Monday, Feb. 13 will bring healthcare professionals to campus to discuss career options with interested students in areas such as research, sales, occupational therapy, mental health. Pre-registration is required through KnightLink.
- Into to Internships: Open House on Tuesday, Feb. 14 will help students get their internship search going through a one-on-one meeting with a Career Peer Adviser.
- Intro to Internship: Webinar on Tuesday, Feb. 14 will help students identify and land their dream internship, with the help of experts at Campus Philly. Registration is required at www.arcadia.edu/intro2internships-Webinar.
- Social Impact Networking Night on Wednesday, March 1 will provide students interested in social service careers the opportunity to discover jobs and internships in a variety of fields, including nonprofit, social services, and government sectors. Pre-registration is required through KnightLink.
- Leveraging LinkedIn Webinar on Wednesday, March 15 will show students how LinkedIn can effectively help them network with professionals in their field. Pre-registration on KnightLink is required.
- Philadelphia Social Impact Career Fair on Thursday, March 23 at Villanova University from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. will have over 75 nonprofit organizations for students to learn about career and internship opportunities.
- Campus Philly Online Job and Internship Fair from March 27 to 29 will connect students with hundreds of employers looking to recruit at the fair. Log onto www.campusphilly.org/careers to begin your search.
- 2017 Annual Internship & Career Fair with LinkedIn Photo Booth on Wednesday, March 29 is the perfect way for students to learn about internships, jobs, and graduate programs when over 100 organizations and businesses come to campus. Pre-registration is required through KnightLink.
- Common Cent$ on Thursday, March 30 educates students on preparing to pay back student loans and what to consider when picking a repayment plan. Pre-registration is required.
- The Greater Philadelphia Teacher Job Fair on Wednesday, April 5 will introduce students to hundreds of education employers throughout the region. Tickets are required and are on sale in Knight Hall until March 31. The cost is $5 for tickets pre-purchased and $10 at the door.
- Get the Scoop: Life After Arcadia on Saturday, May 6 will bring alumni back to campus to speak with seniors about the transition from college to career.