About Our Program
- The the Dan Aaron Stay Fit Exercise Program is designed for Individuals with Parkinson’s Disease or Multiple Sclerosis.
- All participants require a referral or clearance to exercise from a physician. Before entry into the group setting, each individual will meet with one of the physical therapists for an individual evaluation to determine the appropriate level of initial activity.
- The class meets twice a week for an hour each time during the Fall and Spring academic semesters at Arcadia University and on a once a week basis during the summer. The cost is $5 for each session attended.
- The Stay Fit program does not replace specific physical therapy when needed and cannot be reimbursed as physical therapy.
- Two major goals are accomplished with this program. First, individuals have a safe place to exercise. And second, Arcadia’s physical therapy students experience extended learning, under supervision, with individuals who are actively managing a chronic disease.
See Our Programs In Action
The following three videos include a typical seated Stay Fit warm up, seated Tai Chi routine and seated Stay Fit exercise routine. They are intended to give you an idea of what we do in class. For more information, please contact 215-572-2144.
Stay Fit Warm Up
Stay Fit Tai Chi
Stay Fit Seated
How to Sign Up
If you decide to participate or have questions, please call Janet Readinger, DPT at 215-572-2144 for an appointment for evaluation.
This program is funded in part by a grant from the Parkinson Council.