Student Diversity Information

Ethnicity

  Fall 2014 Fall 2015 Fall 2016 Fall 2017
Non-Resident Alien 92 112 141 155
Hispanic 206 237 242 246
American Indian/Alaska Native 7 4 10 10
Asian 181 215 217 263
Black/Non-Hispanic 361 381 331 340
Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander 5 5 6 7
White/Non-Hispanic 2,639 2,678 2,443 2,412
Multiple Ethnicities 123 128 129 118
Uknown 325 224 266 260
Grand Total 3,939 3,984 3,785 3,811

Gender

  Fall 2014 Fall 2015 Fall 2016 Fall 2017
Female 2,822 2,831 2,690 2,707
Male 1,117 1,153 1,095 1,104
Grand Total 3,939 3,984 3,785 3,811

First Generation Status-Entering Freshmen

  2014 2015 2016 2017
First Generation 34.7% 32.7% 28.4% 29.1%
Not First Generation 65.3% 67.3% 71.6% 70.9%
Grand Total 100.0% 100.0% 100.0% 100.0%

International Students

Students with Disabilities

At the end of the 2016-17 academic year, we had roughly 8% of the overall student population registered with Disability Support Services. Over the last 3 years (Fall 2014-Spring 2017), 85% of students with disabilities identified has having an invisible disability (ADHD, Autism, psychological, Learning Disability, or chronic medical condition) and the remaining 15% identified as having a visible disability (visual, hearing, physical, or mobility related).