Honors Program Requirements
As a student in the program, you must maintain a grade point average of 3.30 to remain in good standing. You must complete at least one class prior to the end of your sophomore year.
Honors Program Admission Policy
- Rigorous/challenging course work. This includes but is not limited to accelerated, honors, Advanced Placement (AP), and International Baccalaureate (IB) courses.
- Student Averages for Fall 2020 applicants:
- GPA (weighted): 4.29
- Total SAT: 1360
- ACT Composite: 30
- Note: Arcadia University and the Honors Program are SAT/ACT optional.
- Involvement outside the classroom demonstration (work, activities, volunteerism, community involvement).
- Students are ranked in the top 10 percent of their high school class (if your school ranks students).
- Transfer students with a GPA of 3.50 or better will be reviewed.
- Current full-time Arcadia students can self-nominate for the program if they have a 3.50 GPA or higher.
Students who fall below these credentials, but would still like to be considered for Honors Program acceptance, can apply to the program through the Honors Program Application. These applications are rolling. Review of these applications will begin September 1st, so it is recommended that students get their applications in early as the program is competitive.
Honors Fulfillment Scholarship
Approximately six months prior to graduation, Honors students can apply for a $500 Honors Fulfillment Scholarship awarded to students who will finish the Honors program academic requirements prior to their graduation. This scholarship will be awarded prior to their final semester of study.