COVID Updates and Information
Since January 2020, Arcadia’s COVID response teams, including public health experts and University leadership across departments, have made it a priority to facilitate a safe and healthy living, learning, and working environment for Arcadia community members. The cross-collaborative efforts include our preparedness, flexibility, and decision-making processes. As we move forward after the pandemic, Arcadia looks forward to building on our successes and continuing to provide a rewarding and fulfilling experience for all University community members.
For the summer of 2023, we are still asking students to complete a self disclosure form if they test positive for COVID while on campus. Submissions are considered confidential and will not be shared in detail. Employees who tested positive for COVID-19 do not need to notify Healthy Knights but instead should notify their supervisor and, if necessary, HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need to report a positive test? For further instructions, please take a look at our:
Upload Your Vaccine Record
We strongly recommend that all community members stay up to date with their COVID vaccines.
Students, upload COVID vaccine information here: Patient Portal.
Employees, upload COVID vaccine and Booster information: iSolved platform. (Instructions here.)
Suzy Redington. Assistant Professor, Public Health at Arcadia University walks through the University’s 2022-23 approach to COVID..
Arcadia’s current COVID Response
- We are prepared to shift back to stronger University mitigation mesasures if the situation necessitates it
- We continue to monitor COVID hospitalization and mortality and guidance provided by public health agencies
- Arcadia community members should follow CDC guidance if you have COVID or may have been exposed to COVID
- Individuals should take steps to reduce their risk of COVID and other communicable diseses such as:
- Stay up to date on your vaccinations, including COVID boosters
- Stay home and isolate from others as much as possible when you are sick
- Wear a well-fitted mask if you must be around others when you are sick
- Notify those you have been in close contact with that you are sick so that they can take proper precautions
- Wash your hands and cover your cough
- Utilize at- home COVID tests (available throught Student Health Services, at the library, in the Food Pantry, Oak Lobby Building B and in the commons)
LINKS TO RESOURCES AND DATA FOR REGIONAL AND GLOBAL COVID-19 INFORMATION
If you are a member of the University community and need a place to direct your question, please email HealthyKnights@arcadia.edu or if it is an emergency and you need immediate assistance, please call Public Safety 215-572-2999
For specific questions, please direct to the following Arcadians:
Student Health Services
Director of Student Health Services
Staff and Faculty Employment-Related Questions