Advanced Graduate Study Options
To apply, applicants must hold a Masters or doctoral degree in Counseling or a related field and meet all the other entrance requirements listed for the MAC.
Child and Family Therapy Certificate
This 15-credit certificate includes 4 determined courses, one lab, and one approved elective that provide specialized training in child and family mental health, including assessment, diagnosis, and various evidence-based therapeutic treatments. This certificate also emphasizes the importance of cultural sensitivity and cultural tailoring in working with youth and families from diverse backgrounds. Students who complete this certificate are required to complete their internship at a site that provides clinical services to children or adolescents.
- PY 613 Family Counseling 3 credits
- PY 640 Treatment of Childhood Internalizing Disorders 3 credits
- PY 650 Treatment of Childhood Externalizing Disorders 3 credits
- PY 630A/B/C/D Internship: Mental Health Counseling 150 hrs. 6 credits
- PY 631A Internship: Mental Health Counseling 150 hrs. 3 credits
- PY 630L Multicultural Lab: Knowledge I non-credit
- PY 631L Multicultural Lab: Knowledge II non-credit
- TBD elective approved by the administrators of the program (3 credits)