- Degree Level
- Degrees Offered
- Physical Therapy
- College of Health Sciences
Healthcare Management and Leadership Certificate
The Certificate in Healthcare Management and Leadership prepares clinicians and practitioners to be the next generation of healthcare leaders with a lifelong pursuit of professionalism, knowledge, innovation, stewardship, and leadership for an improved healthcare system to meet the needs of all populations.
- All courses are 3-credit, fully online courses with both synchronous and asynchronous components.
- The certificate is designed for students to complete in as little as one to three years.
- Students network and interact with other healthcare industry professionals and peers throughout all courses.
- Students use case-based scenarios and real-life applications, making it practical.
- Students can take two courses before formal application and matriculation for the certificate program.
- Courses can be applied toward a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) with Arcadia University.
Introduction to Healthcare Management and Leadership
Topics include healthcare systems, delivery, access, quality, and cost, introduction to finance, healthcare economics, management philosophies, communication, data analytics, marketing, and introduction to strategic planning.
Financial Decision Making in Healthcare
This course explores accounting and finance principles applicable in healthcare. The student will be able to read financial statements in order to make decisions.
Healthcare Economics and Policy
This course will highlight alternative payment models based on economics, policies, and past/present healthcare trends.
This course will allow learners to utilize all of the concepts explored in the other courses along with allowing them to further solve healthcare challenges in real time.