Admission Requirements for Graduate Education Programs
- A graduate application, including personal statements, to be completed online. Use the following application (please complete application via desktop for a better use experience).
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a recommended GPA of 3.0 or better.
- One transcript from each college, university or professional school attended. Transfer credits included on a transcript must include grades earned; if not, a transcript from the original school must be submitted. If you are admitted, you’ll be required to submit an official transcript from your degree conferring institution. The official transcript must be sent from the issuing school electronically or by mail.
- Proof of any Pennsylvania teaching certificates, if applying for a certification program.
- Two letters of recommendation. The letters must be of a professional, not personal nature. If the student has been out of school five years or fewer, at least one letter must come from a professor.
- In accordance with PA ACT 55 of 2022, basic skills assessments are waived for students admitted to teacher certification preparation programs July 8, 2022-July 1, 2025.
- International applicants should visit www.arcadia.edu/international for detailed information on admission requirements and application procedures. Official results from the TOEFL or IELTS are required for all students for whom English is a second language except for non-native speakers of English who hold degrees or diplomas from post-secondary institutions in English-speaking countries (e.g. the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand). A course-by-course evaluation of all transcripts by an independent evaluation service based in the United States also is required.
For more detailed information on how to apply, please see our graduate admissions requirements.
The School of Education offers a limited number of scholarships each year to exemplary applicants based on their merit and commitment to being a change agent in education. These awards range from $4,000 to $5,000, spread out over two years. Prospective students can apply for scholarships by completing an optional scholarship essay within the online application. This year students applying to the following graduate programs are eligible to apply: MEd Literacy Studies: TESOL and Reading; MEd Reading; MEd Early Childhood Education (certification track); MEd Educational Leadership; MEd Equity, Inclusion and Opportunity in Special Education; and EdD Educational Leadership.
Application Deadlines/Rolling Admission
Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year. Students may start in the Fall, Spring or Summer semester.
Please notify Enrollment Management at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request a deferral.