Our curriculum consists of synchronous and asynchronous courses which will prepare students to:
- Sit for the board examination in healthcare management as an American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) fellow once all other requirements are fulfilled.
- Launch successfully into a clinical leadership and or management role within a variety of organizations.
- Continue on to pursue their MBA at Arcadia University.
The curriculum consists of six 3-credit courses and Students can start any semester. Most courses can be taken in any order*:
- CHS 600: Introduction to Healthcare Management and Leadership
- Topics include healthcare systems, delivery, access, quality, and cost, introduction to finance, healthcare economics, management philosophies, communication, data analytics, marketing, and introduction to strategic planning.
- CHS 601: Financial Decision Making in Healthcare
- This course explores accounting and finance principles applicable in healthcare and the student will be able to read financial statements in order to make decisions.
- CHS 602: Healthcare Economics and Policy
- This course will highlight alternative payment models based on economics, policies, and past/present healthcare trends.
- CHS 603: Emotional Intelligence and Communication in Healthcare
- CHS 604: Healthcare Information Management: Data Analytics
- This course will analyze and utilize data and quantitative information in decision making.
- CHS 605: Strategic Planning
- This course will allow learners to utilize all of the concepts explored in the other courses, along with allowing them to further solve healthcare challenges in real time.
Students may take two courses before formal application and matriculation. The curriculum consists of six 3-credit courses and students can start any semester. Most courses can be taken in any order except for CHS 600 which must be taken first and CHS 605 which must be taken last.
Healthcare Management and Leadership Certificate
The primary mission of this certificate program is to prepare the next generation of healthcare managers for lifelong pursuit of professionalism, knowledge, innovation, stewardship, and leadership for an improved healthcare system to meet the needs of all populations.
Consistent with this goal, the program is designed to provide sufficient content, knowledge and skills to prepare students to sit for the board examination in healthcare management as an American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) fellow.
About the Certificate
The Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management and Leadership will prepare students to manage inefficiencies and become successful leaders in the healthcare industry.
Courses utilize a model of online learning with a flexible completion model.
Course will be a practical application of real time and life scenarios to improve problem solving.
The program is affordable and competitively priced.
Students will work together in interdisciplinary and collaborative teams replicative of successful networks and partnerships in the healthcare industry.
All Certificate in Healthcare Management and Leadership courses are 3-credits.
Students can take two courses before formal application and matriculation.
Students will be able to continue to an advanced degree after completion of the certificate.
The curriculum consists of six 3-credit courses. One course will focus on healthcare economics and policy which will assist students in exploring alternative payment models based on economics, policies, and past and present healthcare trends. Another course will explore accounting and finance as applicable to healthcare facilities. A course in healthcare information management will assist the student in being able to analyze and utilize data and quantitative information in decision making. Since communication and emotional intelligence is a large part of a leader’s success, there will be a course dedicated to communication and leadership. There will be a strategic planning course which will allow learners to utilize all of the concepts explored in the other courses, along with allowing them to further solve healthcare challenges in real time.
All applicants to the program must start with CHS600 Introduction to Healthcare Management and Leadership.
CHS 600 Introduction to Healthcare Management and Leadership 3 credits