Get On Your Feet With Physical Therapy
Research shows that there are many benefits of spending more time on your feet, including:
- improving test scores up to 20 percent;
- decreasing your risk of cancer;
- burning more sugar and reducing the risk of diabetes;
- increasing energy to burn extra calories; and
- decreasing your risk of heart disease.
With self-isolation, how can you get moving and take advantage of these health benefits? Arcadia’s Department of Physical Therapy recommends getting up often throughout the day for short walk breaks, sitting on an exercise ball instead of a chair, or even investing in a treadmill desk.