Frequently Asked Questions


Answers to questions we receive from graduate applicants are below. For detailed information on Arcadia academic policies and procedures, consult our academic policies and graduate handbook.

Can I Defer My Admission and Start Later?

If you are admitted to one of the following programs, you may ask to defer your admission up to one year by writing to your program’s director:

  • Doctoral programs in education and physical therapy
  • Master’s programs in business administration, forensic science, genetic counseling, international peace and conflict resolution, and medical science (physician assistant)

If you receive a deferral, you must submit the required deposit to reserve your seat in the class. We will credit the deposit toward tuition. Your tuition will be the one for the semester you begin your program, not the one you were originally accepted to. You must meet any conditions associated with your deferral in order to start the program.

If you are accepted to a program not listed above, notify the Office of Enrollment Management (in writing by mail or email: if you do not plan to begin coursework immediately after acceptance.

What Is a Conditional Admission?

In some instances, we admit applicants who do not fulfill admissions requirements, or who have undergraduate deficiencies in the area of specialization for the degree with conditions the admissions committees determines. The applicant must fulfilled the conditions before being be reconsidered for admission. It is the responsibility of the applicant to notify the College of Graduate Studies when he/she has met the conditions.

If I Have to Leave Arcadia for Personal Reasons Can I Come Back?

If you withdraw from a program for a personal reason (that is, other than dismissal for academic or ethical/professional reasons), you may reapply within two years by sending a letter requesting reinstatement to the Dean of the College of Graduate Studies.

The Dean will forward the request to the appropriate departmental admissions committee, which will communicate its decision to you. In some cases, we may ask you to submit materials updating the original application, including documentation of any additional academic work. If the withdrawal was granted contingent upon some action(s) on your part, you will also be required to demonstrate that you have taken the recommended steps. If more than two years have elapsed from the withdrawal, you must reapply by submitting a complete application to the Office of Enrollment Management.

How Do I Make Tuition Payments?

You can make tuition payments online using a credit card or electronic check. You can also pay in person at the One-Stop Shop using check, money order or cash. You will receive detailed payment instructions closer to the start of your program.

Does My Deposit Guarantee My Spot?

An Enrollment Management staff member must review and confirm your deposit in order for it to officially reserve your spot.