In June 2020, President Nair challenged Arcadia to make a Radical Change as a means to end systemic racism and become a reflection of the world in which we want to live. Prioritizing the experience of Black and other marginalized students, 41 Anti-Black Racism Initiatives (ABRI) were established.
Recognizing that diversity of perspective contributes to a rich, deep educational experience, it is essential that the Arcadia community is vigilant in ensuring that pedagogy, policies, and procedures are fair and equitable. In 2021, the Office of Access, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (AEDI) was established to provide leadership for creating an environment of equity and inclusion.
AEDI Liaisons help deliver these crucial changes in our community. Liaisons pay close attention to the pedagogical, programmatic, and practical ABRI and Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) issues at the unit level. This team models Arcadia’s lived values and Adaptive Strategy to achieve our efforts.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Commitment to the tenets of ABRI, JEDI, and AEDI;
- Willing to engage in continued self-reflection and personal growth;
- Working with identified department/unit colleagues to establish a short list of priority AEDI goals;
- Communicating progress of goals to unit/department and to the larger community;
- Serving on the Bias Support Team;
- Serving as advocates on campus-wide job search committees;
- Engaging in bi-monthly meetings to discuss progress and challenges;
- Integrating AEDI efforts across campus.
Liaisons will be identified and approved by the department chairs and supervisors will rotate bi-annually.