Check back in Jan 2023 for more information.
Orientation is required for all students new to Arcadia. A detailed schedule will be sent to you as we get closer to the date, but here’s what you can expect:
- Meet your Orientation Leaders and fellow classmates.
- Hear from multiple campus partners like Student Success, Financial Aid, Housing, and the OLs.
- Gain knowledge on Arcadia and what it’s like to be a Knight.
- Explore technology used at Arcadia.
- Hear about academics and your majors.
- Learn about how you can get involved on campus.
Fall Welcome Week
Fall Welcome Week is an exciting 5-day program for any new Knight. During your first few days on campus we will have action packed days for you to learn, grow, and network with classmates, faculty and staff. Participate in a full day dedicated towards academics, join us for our community service project, and have fun during our late Knight activities.
Steps for New Students in Fall ’23 – Checklist
- Activate your Arcadia email address and access PortalGuard – Due Date: TBD
- PortalGuard access is required for many onboarding activities!
- Submit your Housing Application – Due Date: TBD
- You must activate PortalGuard to submit a housing application.
- Complete your Math, Writing and Modern Language placement tests. – Due Date TBD
- Transferring from a 2- or 4-year institution? You will be contacted if placement tests are needed.
- Register for Summer Virtual Orientation – Due Date: TBD
- Orientation is required for all new students.
- Upload your health information and immunization documentation in your Patient Portal found on your PortalGuard – Due Date: TBD
- This includes your COVID vaccination and booster information.
- For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upload your proof of insurance via your PortalGuard – Due Date: TBD
- Contact email@example.com for information.
- Submit your photo to the GET app for your KnightCard – Due Date: TBD
- Submit your final college or high school transcript – Due Date: TBD
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Meet the Orientation Leaders
Orientation Leaders are here to help your transition easier. They are current students who have a lot of knowledge and experience about Arcadia University. We have 26 lively Orientation Leaders ready to help you.
Summer Welcome Days FAQs
How do I register for a Summer Welcome Day?
Register for a Summer Welcome Day here.
Does coming to an Orientation cost anything?
No, Orientation is included in your experience.
What do I need to bring?
We recommend bringing a notebook and pen. Also, wear comfortable shoes as you will be moving around campus.
What can I expect at a Summer Welcome Day?
During Summer Welcome, you can expect to connect with your fellow peers and current students. You will be able to hear from our campus partners in regards to all Arcadia questions you may have. Expect to have fun and learn all about the transition to college. Once the day is over, your common book for your first year seminar will be distributed to you.
Is there an Orientation for parents and families?
Yes. During our summer days, we split the students and parents and families so direct information can be given to parents and families specifically.
What is an Orientation Leader?
Orientation Leaders, or OLs, are current students who want to help ease your transition from high school to college. They will be a great resource for you since they have been in your shoes not too long ago. OLs will serve as your connection to the University.
Fall Welcome Week FAQs
Is Fall Welcome Week mandatory?
Yes, we want all of our new students to have the best experience and gather as much information as possible before starting classes.
What can I expect during Fall Welcome Week?
During your 5-day Fall Welcome Week experience, you will be connecting with your fellow classmates, hear about your major and meet your First Year Seminar instructors, attend a Convocation, hear from our campus partners (Student Health Services, Knight Code of Honor, Diversity and Inclusion, etc.), participate in a community service project, and join us at our late Knight programs (Drag Bingo, Castle Dance Party, Glow Party).
What are the dates of Fall Welcome Week?
Is there a program for parents and families during Fall Welcome Week?
There is a bye bye brunch we offer to our parents and families where you can have a last goodbye before starting your college journey.
Where do I go to check in for Fall Welcome Week?
When will I move in?
When is the first day of class?
When do I get my KnightCard and what is my KnightCard?
Your KnightCard is your personal student ID card. It will be used to access your meal plan, residents hall, and other important areas on campus. You will receive your KnightCard when you arrive at check in. Make sure you download the GET app to upload your photo.
How will my previous college credits transfer?
Previous university credits will be reviewed by the Registrar’s office in conjunction with relevant departments/programs upon receipt of official transcripts for final equivalency. These credits will be available for review in your academic plan on self-service. Transfers will also receive a finalized credit sheet prior to meeting with a faculty advisor to inform their scheduling choices.