Orientation is required for all students new to Arcadia. A detailed schedule will be sent to you as we get closer to the date, but here’s what you can expect:
- Meet your Orientation Leaders and fellow transfer students.
- Hear from multiple campus partners like Student Success, Financial Aid, and Student Affairs
- Explore technology used at Arcadia.
- Hear more about academics and prepare for your first semester here
- Learn about how you can get involved on campus.
Steps for New Students in Fall ’23 – Checklist
- Activate your Arcadia email address and access PortalGuard
- PortalGuard access is required for many onboarding activities!
- Submit your Housing Application (if applicable)
- You must activate PortalGuard to submit a housing application.
- You will be contacted if placement tests are needed.
- Register for a Summer Welcome Day
- Orientation is required for all new students.
- Upload your health information and immunization documentation in your Patient Portal found on your PortalGuard – Due Date: August 1
- For more information please contact email@example.com.
- Upload your proof of insurance via your PortalGuard – Due Date: August 1
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Submit your photo to the GET app for your KnightCard
- Your KnightCard is your student identification.
- Email email@example.com for help.
- Click HERE to learn more about the GET app.
- Submit your final college transcript – Due Date: August 15
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
“Orientation helped me get connected with my fellow classmates and people of all grades. Coming from another college, I was unsure what to expect especially since I had experienced college before, but I really met some of my closest friends through Orientation and was able to find a family here!”
Julianna Chambers '24
Fall Welcome Week
Fall Welcome Week is an exciting 5-day program for any new Knight. During your first few days on campus we will have action packed days for you to learn, grow, and network with classmates, faculty and staff. Participate in a full day dedicated towards academics, join us for our community service project, and have fun during our late Knight activities.
Summer Welcome Days FAQs
As a transfer student, am I required to attend a Summer Orientation event?
Yes, all new knights are required to attend a summer welcome day. As a transfer, you can attend virtually or in person.
Does coming to an Orientation cost anything?
No, Orientation is included in your experience.
What can I expect at a Summer Welcome Day?
During Summer Welcome, you can expect to connect with your fellow peers and current students. You will be able to hear from our campus partners in regards to all Arcadia questions you may have. Expect to have fun and learn all about the transiting to Arcadia
Are the Summer Welcome Days different for transfer students compared to first year students?
No, the Summer Welcome Days are the same. However, transfer students will be in a group together.
Fall Welcome Week FAQs
Is Fall Welcome Week mandatory?
Yes, we want all of our new students to have the best experience and gather as much information as possible before starting classes. With that said, we understand transfer students may have other outside obligations so you will be provided with a schedule stating what is required and what is not.
Are there any events specifically for transfer students?
Yes, we will have a specific events for transfer students. More details coming soon!
What are the dates of Fall Welcome Week?
August 23rd-August 27th
When will I receive information about moving in?
You will receive more information on housing in late July.
How do I get my KnightCard?
If you attend an in-person summer day, you will receive your KnightCard then. If you attend virtually, you will be able to get your KnightCard at Fall Welcome Week check in.
What is the difference between virtual Summer Welcome Day and an in person Summer Welcome Day?
Virtual Summer Welcome Day will be a two-hour webinar over Zoom. You will meet with orientation leaders along with campus partners. You will hear from financial aid, student success, information technology, campus life and housing.
In-Person Summer Welcome Day is a day full of activities. You will have a better understanding of Arcadia's culture. Additionally you will engage with orientation leaders and fellow peers and familarize yourself with campus.
When is the first day of class?
As a transfer, how do I register for classes?
Information about your advisor will be sent via email. From there, you will discuss which classes you were able to transfer in, along with what classes you will be taking in your first year at Arcadia. Email email@example.com for any questions.
How will my previous college credits transfer?
Previous university credits will be reviewed by the Registrar’s office in conjunction with relevant departments/programs upon receipt of official transcripts for final equivalency. These credits will be available for review in your academic plan on self-service. Transfers will also receive a finalized credit sheet prior to meeting with a faculty advisor to inform their scheduling choices.
Do transfer have to take the placement exams?
Depending on the classes you took at your previous college, you may or may not be required to take them. You will be contacted via email regarding if you are required to take any!