Minor in Art History
The minor in Art History provides an introduction to the field and gives a broad survey from Ancient to Contemporary Art. The minor is designed for students who want to combine Art History with another major area. With this background, you may be eligible to apply for graduate work in art history. Familiarity with a modern language is strongly recommended.
Five Art History courses (20 credits)
One 100-level course in Art History, including:
- AH 111 Western Art: Renaissance to Modern or
- AH 112 Western Art: Prehistory to Medieval
One 300-level course in Art History, including but not limited to:
- AH 323 Contemporary Curatorial Practices or
- AH 324 Seminar: Art and the Italian Renaissance Court or
- AH 325 Leonardo da Vinci: Art, Myth, and Innovation or
- AH 327 Seminar: Make an Exhibition or
- AH 329 Art Now: Special Topics in Contemporary Art
Note that Art Studio majors are required to take six Art History courses (24 credits) to complete the minor.