Study Abroad at the University of Otago
- Study abroad at the University of Otago and experience New Zealand's oldest university, founded in 1869.
- University of Otago is located on the South Island in Dunedin, a university town.
- It has a reputation for academic excellence and a high level of services for international students.
There is virtually no limit to the unique educational opportunities that are available to you at Otago. Particular academic strengths include political studies, anthropology, film & media studies, theatre studies, geology, environmental science, ecology, genetics, biochemistry, bioethics, business, and physical education. If you are interested, there are some fascinating field study options available for students in geology, ecology and anthropology and some unique courses in subject areas like indigenous studies, and contemporary music. Regardless of the courses you choose to take, you can expect to see a new way of looking at the world.
Courses may be selected among various departments. You will earn the follows hours of credit.
- Fall and spring semester: 13.5-18 credits
- Academic year: 27-36 credits.
GPA Requirements: 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
You must be in good academic standing and not on disciplinary probation. You need to submit a complete application including a transcript, letter of recommendation and an advisor's form before your application will be considered.
- Fall semester: March 15
- Spring semester: November 15
- Academic year: March 15
- Academic year Southern Hemisphere: November 15