Arcadia University Partners with Jenkintown’s A Step Up Academy
Arcadia University is proud to announce that it has entered into an innovative partnership with A Step Up Academy (ASUA) in Jenkintown. ASUA prepares students with autism to become engaged participants in society by delivering innovative programming and support from preschool through 12th grade.
The cornerstone of this partnership involves ASUA opening a new location on Arcadia’s campus in Glenside using the first two floors of the property at 125 Royal Avenue (formerly Bishop McDevitt High School) beginning January 2024. This partnership expands our mutual ambitions to deliver leading-edge experiential and inclusive learning opportunities across Arcadia’s Colleges and Schools. Arcadia’s partnership with ASUA will also provide other significant synergies and opportunities for collaboration, including:
- Stage 1 and Stage 2 Fieldwork experiences for SOE’s first-year and sophomore students
- Internships for Special Education graduate and undergraduate students
- Internships and research opportunities for Applied Behavioral Analysis MEd students
- ASUA summer programming on Arcadia’s campus, allowing SOE students to gain valuable experience supporting autistic teens and young adults
- Development of a Post 21 Center focusing on post-education life management and planning for families, drawing on programs from across Arcadia’s Colleges and Schools
- Swimming, work placements, and other exposure activities for ASUA students on Arcadia’s campus
We look forward to exploring the boundless range of possibilities as we build a world that recognizes and values everyone’s potential to participate and contribute. We are grateful for the leadership of ASUA and their commitment to dreaming big and delivering on a compelling and vitally important mission.