IT Updates for the Fall 2023 Semester
Arcadia’s Information Technology (IT) office has worked all summer to provide improvements and changes to the services we use across campus. Led by Rashmi Radhakrishnan, Timothy Belloff, Emily Fargione, Valerie Green and Joe Sasdelli, the team has prepared the following updates to help our community for the school year ahead.
Eduroam: Faculty, staff, students, adjuncts, and visiting Eduroam members from other universities
AU-Splash (Replacing AU-Play): Registering non-computer/phone devices that cannot take a username/password combination. This often includes devices such as printers, Xbox, Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast. This will be provided by a new, more user friendly service. Instructions on usage to follow.
AU-Guest: Anyone who is not Arcadia University staff, faculty, or students who are physically on campus and need temporary internet connectivity.
Over the summer, PowerCampus was upgraded in order to strengthen Arcadia’s cyber-security and stay up to date with our vendor’s releases. while it will provide you the same general functionality, it will look different. You will find that menus have shifted or work in somewhat new ways (drop-down vs. autofill, etc). To assist, there are user guides that can be found in the Helpdesk Knowledge Base. Please also note that PowerCampus passwords must be entered in all capitals.
Glenside’s Self-Service was upgraded in order to strengthen Arcadia’s cyber-security and is now available via Single-Sign On on PortalGuard. When you login you will notice it has gotten a bit of a makeover. In addition, the site is now responsive and therefore will be more user friendly on your mobile device. You will find that menus have shifted or work in somewhat new ways (drop-down vs. autofill, etc). To assist, there are user guides that can be found in the Helpdesk Knowledge Base.
Canvas Studio has replaced our previous lecture capture software Panopto. Studio is a tool used for making video and audio recording to share within a course as well as outside of Canvas. You can find the Studio icon in Canvas on the global navigation. You can access, create, and upload videos/recordings here, as well as within your courses.
- We will continue to use a dedicated phone line to respond to in-class technology issues. If you are teaching and encounter a technical issue, we want to respond to it with the urgency it warrants. To get help, call 215-572-2898 and press 2. This is for emergencies only.
- Upgraded to all new podium computers. This should help improve stability and continue to reduce logon times.
- We added articulating monitor arms to many of the podiums, enabling more space for faculty to have on the podium.
- Cybersecurity Training
- Fall and Spring Training will be offered. The training is approximately 30 minutes each.
- Salesforce Student Hub
- Salesforce Student Success Hub continues to expand, now including nine staff departments and a group of faculty advisors as early adopters.
- Online Course Development
- In collaboration with departments, DLS will be developing new online courses. Resources/materials are also being developed to assist faculty.