Silive.com: Staten Island Teammates Join Arcadia’s First D-III Lacrosse Team

By schwartzsa | May 14, 2012

Silive.com (Staten Island, N.Y.) recently featured Rob Palumbo and Ryan Griffo, members of the incoming class of 2016 and Arcadia’s D-III Lacrosse Team. The two have played together on the St. Joseph by-the-Sea lacrosse and hockey teams for four years, as reported by Michael Anderson:

With Palumbo and Griffo close friends in high school, it seemed only natural the two would head to Glenside, Pa., to play for Arcadia, which will field its first varsity lacrosse team in the spring of 2013.

“Coming into Sea as a freshman it was only the second year they had lacrosse so it will be an easy transition because like Sea, Arcadia is just starting their program,” said Griffo. “Head coach Andrew Delaney starting recruiting me right away. I started talking to him and we formed a good relationship. I went to visit and I thought it was a great school and they had great programs. I thought it was a great fit for me.”

“As soon as I started lacrosse, I loved it and I knew it was for me. It was great that I picked it up so quickly,” said Palumbo, an ice hockey Advance All Star who was one of the city’s top puckstoppers. “Especially to build a new program, that’s part of the fun. I’ve been playing hockey my whole life, but lacrosse is just a great sport.

“I was intrigued by the school first for academics because they have a really good engineering program that they work in conjunction with Columbia University,” Palumbo added.