Student Handbook

Motor Vehicles and Parking Regulations

Revised December 22, 2020

Public Safety
Dilworth Hall

KnightCard Services
Taylor Hall, Suite 100

Public Safety Page
Any motor vehicle that you operate on University property, either regularly or temporarily, must be registered and is subject to the driving and parking regulations issued by the University. The University is not responsible for any car on campus, property in a vehicle, damage caused by accidents, or for mechanical problems.

If you plan to park a car on campus you must purchase a parking decal from KnightCard Services in Taylor Hall, at the beginning of the academic year or the spring semester. All registered vehicles must display a Parking Decal. Parking Decals expire on August 31st of each year. Part-time evening and weekend students may receive their parking decal from KnightCard Services. All vendors are to check in with Public Safety for a temporary permit for any prolonged parking on campus.
First-Year resident students are not permitted to have cars on campus during the first year. Requests for permission regarding this policy must be submitted via the Parking Exception Form located on the Public Safety web site under Parking. Please feel free to call with questions at 215-572-2800 or email Public Safety at  

To acquire a parking decal, an application must be completed at KnightCard Services or online at The office is located in Taylor Hall, Suite 100. Students will need a valid vehicle registration, proof of insurance and operator’s license when completing the application. 

Parking decals are non-transferable; in other words, students may not register the vehicle of another student, share a decal or give their parking decal to another person. Temporary parking permits are available at KnightCard Services or Public Safety for those occasions when it is necessary to have a vehicle on campus for a very short period of time. Guests will need to obtain a temporary parking permit.

Student Parking
All parking lots are specifically marked. Arcadia has Students, Faculty/Staff and open parking lots. All parking lots require a parking permit (either a vinyl parking decal or a cardboard temporary parking permit). The temporary parking permits can be used for a maximum of 3 consecutive days. A guest is someone who comes to campus to visit a student. A visitor is someone who is here to conduct business with faculty or staff.

Parking Penalties
Penalties are assessed for motor vehicle and parking violations. Specific fines are posted on Public Safety's Parking page. Vehicles are not authorized to park next to curbs on the main drive unless designated by a sign. Vehicles parked in areas posted as booted or tow away zones will be booted or towed at the owner’s expense without warning! Vehicles parked in fire zones and handicapped spaces are also subject to citations issued by the Cheltenham Police Department. All fines are to be paid by cash, check, or placed on a student account, within five business days of being issued a citation, at KnightCard Services. After the 5 business days there will be a $15 fee added to the fine. Fines must be paid prior to grades being released or before a student will be able to register for future classes. All appeals must be made within 5 business days of citation date unless the University is officially closed, then a citation appeal should be received during the next business day. No appeals will be processed if received after this period.

Guest and Visitor Parking
If you have a guest or visitor on campus with a vehicle, you need to obtain a temporary parking permit from Knight Card Services in Taylor Hall or Public Safety Office in Dilworth Hall (215-572-2800). All guest and visitors must register their vehicle while visiting campus. It is your responsibility to inform the guest or visitor of the regulations. 

Motorcycles, Motorbikes and Scooters
If you have a motorcycle, motorbike or scooter on campus, you must adhere to the same “moving” and parking regulations that apply to all vehicles. Parking inside buildings and on walk-ways is strictly prohibited at all times. All motorcycles, motorbikes and scooters need to be registered.

Bicycles are not to be stored in corridors, lobbies, or under steps. Bike storage racks are located throughout campus outside administrative buildings and residence halls. At the end of the academic year, Facilities will remove any bikes left abandoned on campus bike racks. Contact the Student Affairs Office at 215-572-2933 for appropriate locations for parking or storing your bicycle. Motorbikes and motorcycles are subject to all of the regulations governing motor vehicles and must be registered with Knight Card Services.