The Community Scholars program offers senior scholars (age 60 and older) the opportunity to audit courses at a special rate of $250 per course. Most of our undergraduate courses are available to audit. Scholars can go to our self-service page to see a full listing of courses offered by semester (instructions for accessing and browsing self service are below).
Once you register, additional details will be emailed to you including an audit receipt, general auditing guidelines, and a parking permit. Registration forms (program registration and audit request) can be found using the links below. Checks are made payable to Arcadia University, and the check and registration forms can either be mailed to the address listed on this page, or submitted in person to the Division of Student Success at 450 S. Easton Road, Glenside, PA 19038.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss courses of interest and the registration process, to request that registration forms be mailed to you, to set up an advising appointment, or to submit your registration form in person.
How to View Course Listings
To view undergraduate course listings by semester, go to http://selfservice.arcadia.edu.
You do not need to log in! Click on the “search” tab on the upper right, then “section search”. You can pull up the current semester under “period”, and click search for a full listing of courses, or you can search using keywords and the appropriate time period. You can also narrow your search by department—View course codes for departments.
Campus Regulations for Auditors
- When classes begin, check the list of classrooms outside the Registrar’s Office on the ground floor of Taylor Hall for your course and section. Or double check your schedule in self-service (log in, click the “classes” tab, and then “schedule”).
- SelfService Schedule Guide
- Textbooks may be purchased just before or during the first week of class. The Bookstore is on the 1st floor of the Dining Hall complex. If you wish to purchase the text online, please go to http://www.neebo.com/arcadia?store=446. Scroll down to about mid page and click on “textbooks”, then “continue” under “Arcadia University. You’ll need your schedule available to enter in the term, department, course number and section number. Please email email@example.com with any questions. The office is happy to send your book information to you via mail, email, or provide by phone.
- All registered auditors may utilize books and materials in Landman Library. Auditors who wish to use the Library will need to obtain an ID Card, located in our Public Safety Office in Dilworth Hall (behind our Dining Hall Complex). Please take your Audit Receipt with you when you go for your ID Card.
- Auditors may eat in the Dining Hall. Meals are cafeteria style and there is a salad bar. Hours are posted outside of the Dining Hall Facility and rates for dining are also posted in that area. The Chat is located on the first floor of the Commons building, and has deli and grill items in addition to salads, fruit, desserts, and snacks. The Easton Café is located on the first level of Easton Hall and offers Starbucks and Seattle’s Best beverages, salads, fruit, baked goods, and “on the go” soups and sandwiches.
- To learn whether Arcadia University is closed due to bad weather, go online at https://www.arcadia.edu/ where weather related closures or delays are posted on the website.
- Parking permits are issued to all students attending classes in spring or fall semesters and are sent directly from Public Safety. The permit is valid for one semester. Please be sure to use your permit whenever you come to campus. You may park in spaces designated Student/Open.