To apply for a $15,000 PRNP-S, a student must be:
- Pursuing or received a BA or BS degree in Mathematics or Science.
- Able to demonstrate a strong knowledge in mathematics or science and the potential for commitment to excellence in teaching.
- A U.S. citizen, national or permanent resident alien.
Visit Arcadia for an overview of the requirements and to apply to one of our certification programs and master’s degrees.
Please note PRNP-S is contingent upon acceptance into a graduate program as a:
- Current undergraduate who will apply to the Early Entry Master’s Program with the School of Education.
- Post-Baccalaureate student who will apply directly to a graduate teacher certification program in General Science, Biology, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Coursework completed in the certification program can be applied to a Master’s degree.
Recipients must commit to:
- Completing the teacher preparation program and meeting the exit requirements.
- Teaching for two years in a high-need school district, or the scholarship becomes a repayable loan. Recipients have up to four years to fulfill their Noyce teaching obligation before the scholarship reverts to a loan.
We believe that the field of STEM education benefits greatly when teachers reflect the diversity of those they teach. We highly value diversity and encourage minorities and members of under-represented groups to apply.
NOYCE Scholarship News
The National Science Foundation has awarded Arcadia University a grant for $178,249 as part of the Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program. The grant, totaling $1.32 million, is split between the collaborative Philadelphia...