Student Handbook

Student Payroll

Revised February 8, 2021

Office of Student Accounts
Finance & Administration Building, Room 115
Web Site

Undergraduate Students If students work on campus; on-line time sheets must be submitted through MyArcadia according to the biweekly student pay schedule; supervisors approve student hours through the on-line time sheet system. Students are paid biweekly on Fridays. Students may pick up their paychecks at the Office of Student Accounts (checks not picked up in one week will be mailed to the address included on the student's payroll documents). Students may also sign up for direct deposit of their paychecks.

Required Payroll Forms Include: W-4, Local Earned Income Tax Residency Certification Form, I-9, Employee's Statement of NonResidence in Pennsylvania and Authorization to Withhold other State's Income Tax (if applicable). Payroll forms must be completed and submitted to the Office of Student Accounts along with: 1) A U.S. passport, Certificate of U.S. Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization, Permanent Resident Card with photograph or unexpired Employment Authorization Document with a photograph OR 2) A Driver’s license or federal, state or locally issued ID; School ID with photograph, or U.S Military card AND a U.S. Social Security card, original or certified copy of birth certificate, ID Card for Resident Citizens, or an unexpired Employment Authorization Document. Original documents are required for photocopying. All forms must be on file before a check can be issued. Students who fail to provide documentation may be prohibited from working.

Optional (Recommended) Payroll Forms Include: Local Service Tax Exemption (LST)*, and Direct Deposit Form. *LST – Employees expecting to earn less than $12,000 in any tax year may be exempt and must sign an affidavit to avoid paying this tax.

Any student receiving a Federally or Departmentally funded award will be responsible for monitoring how much of their work study allocation they have used throughout the academic year. Students can review their allocation information through the on-line time sheet system. Once a student has earned up to his/her allocation, he or she will no longer be permitted to work for the remainder of the academic year. Permission to continue working will only be granted through the student's supervisor and VP/Dean of their department. Please note that hours worked during summer break will not count against a student’s annual work-study award but will be paid through the Departmental Work Study budget.