Mr. Scott Rawlins
Professor of Art and Design
Scott Rawlins is a Professor in the Art and Design Department at Arcadia University in Glenside, PA where he teaches scientific illustration, drawing and design. In addition to his training as a medical and biological illustrator from the University of Michigan, Scott holds degrees in biology and museum education from Earlham College and George Washington University respectively. Currently, Rawlins the Board President of the American Society of Botanical Artists. A former museum curator, Scott maintains contact with the museum world as a research assistant at the Academy of Natural Sciences in Philadelphia. His works are exciting with exquisite detail.
Recent Exhibitions and Presentations
- Rawlins, S. (April - September 2008). Focus on Nature X, juried art exhibition at the State Museum of New York, Albany, NY.
- Rawlins, S. (April 2008). Presentation: "Aesthetics and Attitudes in the Golden Age of Natural Science Illustration." The Academy of Natural Sciences, Philadelphia, PA.
- Rawlins, S. (March 2008). Philadelphia Flower Show (juried art exhibition), Philadelphia, PA.
- Rawlins, S. (January 2008). Presentation to the Abington Dental Associates: "Facial Reconstruction," Gwynedd, PA.
- Rawlins, S. (February - March 2007). Philadelphia Flower Show (juried art exhibition), Philadelphia, PA.
- Rawlins, S. (July, 2007). GNSI Annual Juried Exhibition, Montana State University School of Architecture, Bozeman, MT.
- Rawlins, S. (June - September, 2007). Flowers & Foliage: an exhibition of botanical art (Philadelphia Society of Botanical Artists) at the State Museum in Trenton, NJ.
- Rawlins, S. (March 2008). Illustrations in "Today's Botanical Artists" by Cora Marcus and Libby Kier. Schiffer Books, Atglen, PA.
- Rawlins, S. (January 2008). Illustration in "Your Inner Fish" by Neil Shubin. University of Chicago Press, Chicago, IL.