Graduate Commencement 2014
Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 5 p.m.
In case of severe weather, the ceremony will be held indoors in Kuch Gymnasium (#13 on Campus Map). Only those guests with tickets will be granted entrance to the gym. The final decision regarding location will be made mid-day of the ceremony and posted on Arcadia's homepage.
Watch our commencement ceremony live on the web at:
The ceremony will be archived and available for viewing after the event has ended.
Commencement attire includes a cap, gown, hood and tassel. Academic hoods reflect Arcadia University colors of scarlet and gray and are trimmed in velvet with the color of the degree discipline. Caps are one size fits all and are mortarboards for masters' degrees and tams for doctoral degrees. Tassels are black for masters' and gold for doctoral.
There is no charge for renting Commencement attire. Simply order online at www.oakhalli.com/arcadiagrad by March 21st. Students who order academic attire after the deadline can order attire at www.arcadia.edu/gradattire
Academic attire must be returned after Commencement (keep the tassel) to the Great Room in the Commons.
Instructions for Pick-up
- All MMS and Dual Degree MMS/MPH students (Glenside and Christiana campuses): Academic Attire will be available for pickup on Monday, May 5 at the P.A. department in Glenside at Brubaker Hall.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy students: Academic Attire will be available for pickup at 3 p.m. on Thursday, May 15 in the Castle. PT faculty will be present to greet and give you attire. After a brief reception in the Castle please report to the lower level of the Commons by 4:00 pm and check in for Commencement. Refreshments will be available.
- International Students: academic attire will be ready for you when you check in at the Commons on Thursday, May 15th
- All other graduate students: Academic Attire can be picked up Monday, May 5, through Thursday, May 8 in Taylor Hall, Room 111, from 5 to 7 p.m. To make other arrangements contact Mary Kate McNulty at email@example.com
- If you are unable to attend Commencement after you have ordered your academic attire, you must notify Mary Kate McNulty at 215-572-2877 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately in order to receive your degree in absentia. Please provide the address where your diploma should be mailed. Any questions about Commencement may also be directed to Mary Kate.
- Graduation Announcement forms are now available at the University Bookstore, while supplies last.
- The Bookstore will be open on Commencement Day from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Graduate Commencement Ceremony
Thursday, May 15, 2014
- 3:00 p.m. Student Check-In: The Commons, first floor; graduate students only, no family members. Refreshments will be available.
- 4:00 p.m. Students who participated in an international experience will have a group photo taken on the lawn (weather permitting). An announcement will be made to alert you.
- 5:00-7:00 p.m. Graduate Commencement. Haber Green (#33 on Campus Map). In case of severe weather, Alumni Gymnasium, Kuch Center.
Commencement begins promptly at 5 p.m. Graduates are to check-in beginning at 3:00 p.m. in The Commons, First Floor. ONLY graduates should be in The Commons before Commencement. Please direct family and friends to seating areas.
Diplomas for students whose degree will be conferred on May 15, 2014 can be picked up after the Commencement Ceremony in the Great Room of the Commons where academic attire is returned.
One-way traffic patterns will be enforced to accommodate the large number of cars on campus. Traffic will enter from Easton Road and Church Road (Rte. 73) and will move counterclockwise until reaching the parking areas. When you arrive on campus, you will be directed to a parking area immediately. Once parked, you will not be permitted to drive on campus or exit until the ceremony is under way.
Guests with disability parking passes will be directed to special parking areas after entering campus. Golf carts will be available to take guests to seating area if needed.
Family members and guests can arrive on campus beginning at 3:00 p.m. Weather permitting, the ceremony will be held on Haber Green (#33 on the Campus Map). In case of severe weather, the ceremony will be held in the Kuch Center Alumni Gymnasium. The decision regarding location may be made as late as the day of the ceremony. Please check www.arcadia.edu/commencement for updates.
All graduates are given four yellow tickets. These tickets will be packed inside your academic attire at the time of pick up. Yellow tickets allow indoor seating. Tickets are not needed for outdoor seating. If severe weather forces the ceremony inside, those with yellow tickets are allowed seating in the gym. Those without tickets can watch a simulcast of the ceremony in the following locations:
Tickets for Guests with Special Needs
Guests with special needs require special tickets. Students that are in need of special tickets can exchange regular tickets for special tickets when picking up academic attire or in the Graduate Office, Taylor Hall, Room 105. All regular tickets are exchanged for special seating to allow guests to sit together.
If you do not expect to use all your Commencement tickets, please return the unused tickets to the Office of Graduate Studies so that other students can use them. Extra tickets may be requested when academic attire is picked up and we will do our best to accommodate you.
No alcoholic beverages are permitted at the Commencement ceremony. All students will have a water bottle placed under their chair for the ceremony. Water stations for guests will be placed around the perimeter of the seating areas.
Professional photographers from Island Photography will photograph graduates as they are recognized during the ceremony. Every graduate will be photographed twice. To ensure that you receive your complimentary proof, by mail and email. please register online at their website below. Graduates will be emailed a secure link and a PIN to view and order photos and will also receive color proofs via mail. There is no obligation to purchase.
Returning Academic Attire/Receiving Diploma
Immediately following the Commencement Ceremony, you must return all academic attire. Drop off academic attire in the Great Room of the Commons.
Diplomas for students who graduate on May 15th will be distributed after the Commencement Ceremony in the Great Room of the Commons.
Please make sure all required paperwork for the degree is completed at this time. Forms are available in the Registrar’s Office in Taylor Hall, Room 103; and on the Web at www.arcadia.edu/gsforms.
- Degree Candidacy - required for all part-time programs and signed by academic adviser.
- Notification of Degree Completion - required for all programs.