Snowman Contest: Buddha, Bears and Scary Stuff
When it snows, make snowmen. That’s what Jan Walbert, Vice President for Student Affairs, did in her own yard last Wednesday during the blizzard, and she also challenged students to get into teams and compete to see who could build the most creative, clever, or downright fabulous snow creature.
Dining Services and the Bulletin provided free hot chocolate outside the Dining Hall at 8 p.m. for the teams of students who wanted to play in the snow. “Be safe, stay warm, have fun and happy building!” said the e-mail challenge to the snow crafters.
Teams of five or more students competed and sent photos of their creations to Walbert. The first and second place winners received Wawa gift cards, and everyone listed below will be invited to dinner at the Walbert home. “I also built one at home—it’s my Golfing Snow Buddy,” adds Walbert.
First Place Tie—Both groups will receive a $75 Wawa card and dinner at the Walberts.
- Buddha: Emily McCabe, Debra Davis, Mollie Suitch, Bronwen Stevens, Kirsten Reis, Tiffany Porter, Adriana Amodel and Claire Wolfinger
- The Scream: Ashley Hubal, Jennifer Weiler, Lynn Sipsey, Matthew West, Mark Noth, and Brandon Robinson
Second Place—This group will receive a $50 Wawa card and dinner at the Walberts.
- Knight/King and Victim: Kyarstin Cook, Lauryn Miller, Carolyn Lesser, Chelsea Cortez, Pedro Leal, and Rebecka Schafer
Honorable Mentions—These students will be invited to dinner at the Walberts.
- AU Bear: Jessica Tucci, Laura Ussery, and Patrick Wajda
- Castle #1: Beverly Louis; Justine Pesavento; Brenda Cruz; and Ben Luhrs, along with Residence Life Area Coordinators Laura Bickert and Breann M. Donnelly
- Snow Beaver: by Beth Osipowitz, Dana Oppenheimer, Katie Surdovel, Nicolette Pelbano, and Taryn O’Reilly
- Snow Castle #2: Ashley Hubal, Jennifer Weiler, Lynn Sipsey, Matthew West, Mark Noth, and Brandon Robinson
- Tiny Snowman: Omotayo France and Amaris Cordero