Chef’s Corner: DIY Three-Course Valentine’s Day Feast for Two
By Gene Boyle, Executive Chef, Malcolm Whitaker, Executive Sous Chef
Looking for an inexpensive way to make your Valentine feel special on Monday? We have a quick, inexpensive recipe for you to make for the one you love. All of the ingredients can be purchased nearby at Pathmark or Produce Junction.
Mixed Greens Salad with toasted almonds and strawberries
1 bag of baby lettuce salad blend
1 small bag of Diamond Sliced Almonds
1 pint of strawberries
1 package of crumbled gorgonzola or feta cheese (optional)
Your favorite salad dressing
- Divide the salad mix into two bowls
- Slice the Strawberries and add to the top of the salad
- In a sauté pan over medium heat lightly toast the sliced almonds until lightly golden brown and you can smell the nuttiness in the air
- Add the nuts to your salad
- Add the cheese if you so desire
- Top with your favorite dressing
Chicken with Linguine, Spinach and Tomatoes
1 package dried linguine
1 package of chicken breast or tenders
1 can diced tomatoes
1 package fresh or frozen spinach
1 package tomatoes
- Cook the linguine according to the package instructions
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides
- Add oil to an oven-safe sauté pan and heat over medium, once the oil is hot, add the chicken. If you have crushed garlic you can add 1-2 tablespoons as well.
- Cook the chicken so it is seared on either side. Once it is lightly brown on either side, put the pan with chicken in the oven for 20-25 minutes
- Once the pasta is cooked and drained, toss it with the spinach and diced tomatoes. You can add a little parmesan if you like a lot of cheese
- Place the pasta in the center of the plate and gently put the cooked chicken breast over top. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese
Pick up your favorite pre-made dessert from the store. If you love cheesecake, purchase some fresh berries and whipped cream for the topping. Or some apple pie with vanilla ice cream.
Finally set the mood by picking up some flowers at Produce Junction. You can get a vase there or at the Dollar Tree. While at the Dollar Tree, pick up some red napkins and candles to give a romantic atmosphere.