Ivery ’12 Accepts Accounting Position at KPMG

By Purnell T. Cropper | April 3, 2012

Victoria Ivery, a senior Accounting major, has accepted a position at KPMG, an audit, tax and advisory services firm. Ivery will be working in the firm’s Philadelphia office as a first year staff accountant within the auditing division, auditing publicly held companies.

“I always knew that I wanted to work at a Big Four firm due to the international opportunities that would be attainable, as well as the opportunities for advancement,” says Ivery. “Specific to KPMG, I fell in love with their diverse culture and emphasis on women in the workplace.”

During the job application process, Ivery met Matthew Rodgers ’05, an Arcadia graduate and manager at KPMG. “Victoria performed very well in KPMG’s rigorous interviewing process, which included multiple interviews with audit managers and partners,” Rodgers said. “KPMG’s college recruitment process is highly competitive, with the majority of new hires coming from large universities that have extensive populations of accounting majors. It is quite an accomplishment for Victoria to be selected by KPMG, and I am pleased to support a very deserving student from my alma mater.”

Of her achievements, Ivery credits the accounting faculty at Arcadia. “Professors Thomas Brinker, Joel Wagoner, Katie Harris, and John Fusco are all to be thanked for my accomplishments within the accounting industry thus far,” she says. “I am extremely appreciative of all of their efforts concerning my success in school and thereafter.”

Fortune magazine ranked KPMG #94 on its 2012 list of “100 Best Companies to Work For.” Ivery will begin her position in August 2012. Her long-term goals include working as a partner within her firm.

Ivery has been involved at Arcadia as an honors mentor and a peer tutor for the Learning Resource Network. She studied abroad twice in Roseau, Dominica and is a member of the PICPA, Delta Mu Delta, and Phi Kappa Phi honor societies.