Make a Plan and Vote, Nov. 3

By Caitlin Burns | October 29, 2020

Election Day is right around the corner. Below, Arcadia Votes leaders have answered the three big questions coming in via their Q&A sessions on the ArcadiaSocialImpact Instagram account.

Q: I heard in some states, like Pennsylvania and North Carolina, they’re accepting mail-in ballots received after Election Day. Why push drop boxes for mail-in ballots?
A: At this late date, for people who have a mail-in ballot and do not want to go to their polling place on Tuesday, using a drop box or bringing your ballot to your county election office is the state government’s suggestion and Arcadia Votes agrees. USPS is experiencing delays in some areas and there is some risk that the Supreme Court may decide, after Election Day, to overturn rulings to allow the counting of ballots received after Nov. 3. You do have the option to bring your completed ballot to your polling place on Nov. 3, surrender it, and cast a traditional ballot. 

Q: I heard there are fewer polling places this year. If I find out mine is closed, where do I go to vote on Election Day?
A: Confirm your polling place now to avoid confusion on Tuesday, Nov. 3! Some states have consolidated polling places. There is still a designated place for you to go.

Q: Do I need ID to vote and what can I use if I don’t have a license?
A: Many states do require ID to vote. In, PA first-time voters (many undergraduates!) AND first-timers at a new polling location all need ID. And, Pennsylvania allows non-photo IDs like bank statements or paychecks that include your name and address. For all the rules for your state, your best bet is your county election office. You can also search your state rules on vote.org by scrolling down on their main page.

If you have additional questions, Dr. Alison LaLond Wyant, director of the Office of Social Impact and Innovation, will have virtual open sessions on Friday, Oct. 30 from 1 to 2 p.m. and Monday, Nov. 2 from 3 to 4 p.m. Additionally, questions can be messaged to the Arcadia Votes leaders on Instagram.

Make a plan and vote on Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 3.