Pope-McBride Wins Merit Award for Role in Home

By Purnell T. Cropper | January 22, 2010

Brianna Pope-McBride, a sophomore Acting major at Arcadia University and a resident of Providence, R.I., was awarded a Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival for Region II Certificate of Merit for Excellence in Ensemble Acting. Pope-McBride was chosen for her part in the Arcadia Theater production of Home, which was an invited production at the Region II festival on Jan. 14.

Pope-McBride also competed for the Irene Ryan Scholarship. “I feel honored to have represented Arcadia in such a festival and would love to be able to do it again,” said Pope-McBride. “Participating in the festival was a great opportunity for me. Being able to perform for so many people and for them to enjoy it as much as they did and come up to me and the other cast members and give us so much praise was something I will never forget. It was a truly awesome and humbling experience for me.”

As for the theater program at Arcadia Pope-McBride says, “I love the program and I feel like the faculty is knowledgeable and really wants to see you succeed in what you do. They are there for you and while you are having fun you learn. They care and that’s hard to find. I am honored and proud to say that I am part of this program.”